Facebook

Facebook
Follow on Facebook

Follow on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Believer, Daughter, Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Registered Nurse, Seamstress, Crafter, Housekeeper, Cook, Baker, Gardener, Reader, Keeper of the chickens, Goat Herder, Homesteader, Thrifty, Usually sane, Overworked, Mom of 3. Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your comments! ~ Angie

Pinterest

Followers

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Purse Palooza ~ Rosie Crossbody Bag

Sew Sweetness

The Rosie Crossbody Bag from Swoon Patterns, formerly Paco Bean patterns, is my 4th bag of Purse Palooza 2013.    This was my first Paco Bean/Swoon pattern and I am in love with the results!  


The Rosie bag is a medium-sized bag, approx 8" long x 11" wide x 4" deep.  It has a large front flap closure with a magnetic snap, two zippered pockets and an adjustable strap for crossbody or shoulder lengths.  The Rosie bag is suitable for beginner bag-makers and took about 4 hrs of cutting & sewing time.  



The only modifications I made to the bag itself was adding a patch pocket and key ring clip opposite of the inside zip.  I did modify the construction of the zippered pockets, as I prefer to layer the pocket fabric on the bag fabric while sewing the zip opening, as shown in this tutorial.  There are not as many pictures with the sewing instructions as some other patterns provide, so novice bag-makers may need to reference other photo tutorials if the written instructions are not clear.  



This Rosie will be a Christmas gift.  I can see more Rosie bags in my future!


Purse Palooza 2013 is coming to an end soon.  Hop over to Sew Sweetness to see all the beautiful bags entered, read lots of great bag reviews and pattern giveaways.  

No comments: